Vendor Rental Agreement – Download Vendor Agreement 2017
- The market shall takes place from 6:00PM to 9:00pm at Victoria Quay (4586 Victoria Quay, Port Alberni, BC V9Y 6G3)
- Setup begins around 5:00pm. A little earlier is fine to decrease congestion of traffic in parking area.
- Please unload everything before you begin set-up as a courtesy to other vendors.
- No take down until market closing time at 9:00PM unless otherwise indicated by a Sunset Market representative
- If you are unable to attend any of the nights you reserved, notification must be received by 12 noon Tuesday, the day before the market.
Applications & Payment
Season Price (11 nights – June 21 – August 30 2017)
$225.00 Full Season (11 nights)
$110.00 Half Season (5 nights)
$25.00 Nightly drop-in
$150.00 Not for Profit
Payment is due upon application approval by cheque, cash, credit or debit.
All fees quoted are for a 10’x10’ space at the market. If extra space is required it will be treated on a case by case basis with additional fees.
- Spaces are limited and available on a first come first serve basis
- Food vendors must provide a photocopy of your license
- Vendors supply their own tables, chairs and tents.
- VIHA Regulations apply to all products sold and a vendor shall immediately cease to sell and remove any product upon request of an official or representative of the VIHA. Vendors must get approval from VIHA prior to selling at the market
- All products are juried items – please show us your product or send three pictures.
- Vendors are responsible for their own setup and clean-up of their stall area
- Spaces are numbered and measured 10×10. All merchandise displayed is to remain in your allocated space.
- Vendors are not permitted to change assigned sites under any circumstances. The Market Manager reserves the right to reassign sites as deemed necessary.
- Parking in close proximity to the market should be left available for customers. No parking in Victoria Quay Parking lot where you unload. We recommend Vendor parking across the street in the gravel lot or at the Clutesi Haven Marina
- The organizers will not be responsible for any theft, breakage or injury during any event. It is expected that each vendor will carry his/her own liability insurance.
- No flea market, drug paraphernalia, second hand or liquidated items to be sold. We reserve the right to decline goods which do not follow our guidelines and to jury ALL products being sold by vendors.
- To ensure a pleasant and safe experience for all patrons at Sunset Market, vendors are expected to conduct themselves in a respectful, friendly and courteous manner
- Public airing of concerns during the Market with regard to other vendors, their products, pricing issues or Market operation is not permitted and may result in, at minimum, a written warning or, at maximum, the vendor being removed from the Market.
- Vendors experiencing any difficulty with consumers, health officials, market volunteers or another vendor should refer the matter promptly to the Market Coordinator.
- Verbal, physical or emotional harassment of any kind is strictly prohibited. If any form of discrimination or harassment is witnessed or displayed at the Market, the Market Coordinator must be notified immediately. The Market Coordinator may ask the offender to leave the Sunset Market.
- Smoking is strictly prohibited in and around all facilities of the market
- Any equipment or item vendors bring to the Market is subject to removal if the equipment or item is deemed by the Market Coordinator to be hazardous to the public, patrons, market staff or vendors.
- Sunset Market reserves the right to suspend at any time a vendor’s participation in the Market after two (2) recorded violations of the Vendor’s Conduct or to immediately suspend a vendor where the safety of the public or reputation of the Sunset Market is put at risk.
By participating as a vendor in this market you agree to the above rules for the market